Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Want BoBo Now!

Tuesday at Preschool Zachary was bit by another child...we were all discussing it that evening and telling Zachary that if it happens again, he needs to defend himself....yell no, push the child away, etc. Just basically to stand up for himself when those things happen.

Camden says: "Well, I'll be at preschool on Wednesday and if it happens again, you tell them to come get me...I'll take care of it."
So Wednesday morning, I took the kids in and I'm discussing the situation with Miss Keri (Zach's teacher), when Camden speaks up and says: "If Zach gets bit today, you are to come get me." Keri and I just smiled at each other and that was it.

When I picked the boys up yesterday afternoon...yep, you guessed it, Zachary was bit again...by a different child. Miss Keri told me that he pushed the child down, looked up at her and said "I Want BoBo Now!" She comforted him and he was fine, but the best part comes later.

Zachary and I go out to the playground to get Camden and Zachary runs up to Camden, and Cam looks down at him and the first thing he says is: "Did you get bit today?"

Zachary says "Yes." And then shows him his boo-boo.

Camden turns around and yells across the playground (with his hands on his hips) to me "Did you know about this? They were SUPPOSED to come get me." Then walks toward the door holding Zach's hand, looks up at me and says "I am not happy about this."

Bless his heart, Camden was so mad that Zach finally said "It okay Bobo, I okay."

No comments: